RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 9CAP Radio Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #34
Arceenut
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 46
Re: 9CAP Radio Problems

Please keep us posted on the results! the reason I am interested is because I believe that the synthesized modile is not the culprit UNLESS it is OFF FREQUENCY. This would account for it working on some RXs and not others. some RXs can have a wider respnse than others and some receivers may have drifted towards the transmitter frequency. HiTec receivers have (in my experience) have a somewhat narrower response bandwidth than Futaba. Being SYNTHESIZED will not affect the pulses coming from the antenna, all it does is determine the FREQUENCY that it transmits. One other cause may be is that the module's modilation index may be low. Some RXs require more modulation than others. The normal modulation of an FM transmitter is in the order of +/- 4 Khz. (The industry limit is +/-5 Khz) I have tested some transmitters as low as 2.5 Khz. Again, some RXs require more modulation than others. I hope you find the solution.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.