RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - MAAC Resolutions
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #177
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395
Re: MAAC Resolutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post
>A sporting license is required for any member who wishes to compete in any FAI event - not necessarily a W/C - so not all the 35 necessarily qualify for assistance from the travel fund - but if those who do, by dint of application, skill and expertise, represent Canada to a World Championship and receive a subsidy of maybe $1k .... it's only a portion of their expenses.
So, the 35 would also include all those who "tried out for a team" and includes the ones that made it and those that didn't as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post

Members of one team last year were several thousand dollars out of pocket to proudly represent their country.
I'm sorry, but I have a problem accepting this ongoing notion that somehow those who choose to do something they have to love doing is somehow a sacrifice and a burden that we should take our hats off for?

It's their hobby, their passion...... if it's somehow a personal sacrifice and burden, then something is wrong.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.