RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Carb restrictors
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #20
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bill N.

Total Props: 0
zackman,
I was indeed speaking about Lambda equipped EFI. With Alpha N there is no O2 sensor input. But the ECU needs TPS and MAP or MAF, and coolant temp input as well.

As for losing the advantage in RC racing again I'd say it would help because I know my driving style is not on/off. I spend a LOT of time at part-throttle. And lot of time upside down too LOL!!! Would it be a race winning advantage? Probably not. But it would be great to experiment with it for fuel economy purposes. Might be able to wring another couple of extra oz/inches at part throttle too. Not to mention better idle quality, less flameouts etc. But the complexity and weight might outweigh any advantage 'tis true. The removable venturi in the nitro carbs are a pretty good tuning tool.

In a 1-hour main it might be able to get you another couple of minutes or so of runtime. That alone might be worth it if RC racing becomes a "professional" sport when big money purses become commonplace. But I don't see that happening in the near future.

But I think we could both agree that accurate fuel metering is always good! It's been great talking with you zackman! I'd love to have a beer (or whatever beverage you'd like) with you someday. I bet we could have some great convos!

regards

speed metal

PS - I'm glad that you didn't find me condescending. Some people have trouble keeping their emotions in check because of the I-net's inability to convey sincerity.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.