RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Hughes H-1 Racer (Build Log)
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #19
etotheo
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Evan O.

Total Props: 0
Re: Hughes H-1 Racer (Build Log)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Farmer View Post
Nice build man of one of my most favourite machines. I hope you post a vid when you get it airborn. Looking sweet. I am subscribed.

Too bad Jim Wright didn`t do a overhaul of his engine when that gear collapsed and the prop striked the ground eh. Probally was the cause of the eventual flame out. It would have I think became as reconizable as Delmar Benjerman`s R-1 to the general public if it was not lost. He done such a beautiful job on the H-1 too.

Even when I see the movie the "Aviator" for the 20th time, I still get goose bumps when they show the sim of it breaking the speed record with the moving music.

In my opinion, they will never design more asthetically pleasing airframes again as they did in the golden age of aircraft of the 30`s...........

Chad.
Interwar was an amazing time for aviation, especially the civilian contributions. The H-1 is easily my fav... some others are the original Submarine (the Spit's grandfather), the DH 88 Comet, and the Cauldron! So many builds out there that can be done much easier with the electric power plants that are now available.

I will definitely post a vid once were up and running.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.