RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Seting up a 2 motors aircraft
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110
Re: Seting up a 2 motors aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinbullmax View Post
First of all since I'm new to electric, what is a Donkey and an old friend of mine wich has been flying for over 50 years, recomended me to use 46s on the TF DC-3 as per experience.
I prefer having a little too much power than not enough.
JP
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html

Whatever the original model calls for I have found that a good electric that is "rated" as the same size as the glo it is replacing is enough or more power than you need.

Take a look at the power rating of the glo that is coming off and the power ratiing of the electric going on. If the watts per pound work out the same you will be dandy. With the better efficiency of electric props on electric motors you will end up with more power at the prop if anything.

I set up the H9 Twin Otter with the small motors recommended and it flies great at about 2/3 throttle. And I am not even using electric props. I have 3 blade master airscrew which are not the most efficient prop you can use for sure
Weather Station
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.