RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - re-use of EFlite TX
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 101
Re: re-use of EFlite TX

What receiver make and model is it?

Most of those E-flite Rx crystals are Single Conversion. If your receiver requires a Dual Conversion crystal it will not work.

There is also the factor of shift type. From what I've seen opening up a lot of those transmitters the case looks to be made by Futaba. If so then it will likely use what is called "Negative Shift", which along with Futaba is also directly compatible with Hitec. Airtronics and JR use a "Positive Shift" type and will not work with a neg shift Tx.

There are "Auto Shift" receivers, (the best I've used is Berg) that will automatically detect the type of shift and work with it. I've purchased the 4 channel Berg receivers for under $15, with the programmable 7 channel receiver running $20-25. These are extremely compact and light units.

One item regarding the Hitec receivers is that they also offer models with manual or auto shift select.

On a final note, the best range and reliability will happen when you use the legacy crystals for each receiver.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.