RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Goblin 630 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
snemi00
RCC Contributor

I am: Santino N

Total Props: 17
Re: Goblin 630 Build

You can try that setup out to start, but here are a couple of pointers.

1. The 3300 batteries you will find are a bit too light for the machine and you will struggle to get the CG correct. With my 3700 packs, I am already placing them far forward to get the CG correct.

2. The 80A controller will do you fine if you are not pushing hard 3D and especially with that 600 motor. We have a hardcore flyer in Toronto running a YGE90HV successfully with a Scorpion 4035-560 so you should be more than fine if you keep the headspeed under control.

3. As far as the stock pulley goes, it is a 20t so with your 600MX and Castle combo you're looking at topping out at 1900rpm governed. A little soft, but doable if you're not flying 3D. You should consider getting the optional tail pulley made for running a lower headspeed to give you more tail authority. It is one tooth smaller and will speed up the tail rotor.

4. 600mm blades won't fit as the grips are made for a 5mm blade bolt, not 4mm like 600 blades are. The SAB 630 blades have a 5mm hole at the root for this. You can of course drill out the brass bushings to the larger diameter if you want to try other blades. There are plans in the works by 3rd party vendors to make grip inserts to accomodate a 4mm bolt so you can use Edge/Radix/ etc 623/625 blades.

5. Although as you say it is only a 5% increase in blade size vs the 600mm Align's, you would be quite surprised at the huge difference this makes on the machine. Rotor disc area is proportional to the square of the diameter, so it is more than you think.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.