RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - ThunderPower "Pro-Lite" Batteries
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #4

Total Props: 57
Hi Rob,

I sent an email to Adam about the connectors as he works with RC Toys he talks to TP fairly often so maybe he will have an answer...

Ya my Schulze can only pull 0.7A out of my big packs as well.....I am interested in this resistor idea as I would like to be able to discharge my packs fairly rapidly to give them a break in before I put them in the airplane and fly them.

Do you think a large bank of resistors like that hooked along with a wattmeter to measure the draw and volts under load would provide enough information to be able to pull the batteries off in time? I want to be able to discharge at 5-7C continuously....so around 35 amps I guess around 17.5V for 5s roughly under that load...612W...any possibility of getting rid of that much heat out of resistors !!?

Would be nice to have a battery break in bench, as my static draw on these packs peak is 13.7C and I dont really want to subject them to that without a bit of lower C operation to start.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.