RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Add a little castor
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #16
sclitheroe
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Re: Add a little castor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
After more than 30 years in the hobby and 25 of those in the industry I am totally convinced that engines that are not properly cared for with after run oil will pay the price. I have had enough engines land on my counter seized up due to rust and corrosion from improper storage over the years that either had to be discarded (the cheaper ones) or required bearings replaced at the very least.

That said, how you choose to care for your engine is entirely up to you. The smart money oil their engines.....good luck with yours.....Ron
So after injecting some oil in the glow plug hole of an engine that has been run dry, would you reinstall the glow plug and spin the engine with an electric starter? Or do you figure a couple manual turns of the prop is enough to get the oil where it needs to be?

I value opinions of people with experience - I'm still wrapping my head around the oil getting distributed inside the engine properly

Thanks!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.