RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - helli guys..................
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
Pipeous
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
electric flight costs more, especially the bigger helis. 250 US for a battery is pretty steep, and they go up from there. I have an Ikarus Eco 8 with a lot of bling. parts are freaking expensive and not a lot of info around.

I finally talked to the local T rex importer about setting up an online shop. he isn't much into running an online store so I am going to setup shop. lucky me since I love this heli. pfdracing has nothing to do with helis but hey, I own the name and my site lol. I guess I could spend the $10 and find another name.

Just waiting for info on the new model coming out, but will probably get some of the last version released to help clear out old stock (they still are awesome and not sure when the new ccpm version is available.

http://www.smart-rc.com/ is in Australia and ships worldwide. the ccpm upgrade is definately a fantastic mod. I did both my t rex's with this upgrade. it really removes any slop in the system and is a simple operation. There are other versions, like the ccpm mounts big Al did and sell on tppacks.com (also great source for thunder power batteries), and there re some home conversions but require making parts like the anti rotation guide. I can't remeber the carbon frame and conversion that came up in europe but dam was it expensive (kind of why I passed on that one).... I was going to make a frame for the trex like my eco 8 but got sidetracked. I have to order some more carbon sheets (just got a new source for those too, from an aircraft machine shop with vac setups and such for a really pro finish and any color )
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.