RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Spektrum signal loss
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #282
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110
Re: Spektrum signal loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Got one of those DX6i transmitters and wonder why it unbinds when transmitter happens to get turned off before the receiver. Happens all too often with my little indoor "toy' airplane. Also sometimes happens when receiver turned on befor transmitter.

Pretty fustrating but thank goodness I am not using any regular Spektrum receivers needing a bind plug. The bind and fly bind up easier.
OK, hang on here. You are talking about those little airplanes with the built in "brick" rather than a regular Rx that takes a bind plug?

Different process of course for binding.

Some quoted text:

"Prior to each flight, you should ensure that you power on your transmitter and wait
about five seconds before you plug the flight battery into the receiver. Doing this
allows time for the transmitter to scan and secure two open frequencies. If the flight
battery is plugged in too quickly and the link is missed, it may cause the receiver to
inadvertently enter bind mode. If this occurs simply leave the transmitter on and then
disconnect and reconnect the flight battery."

Do you actually have to re-do the bind process if you accidentally turn on the plane first, or just power cycle?

If the former, maybe if it sits waiting too long for a bind signal from the Tx it could lose bind (I'm not sure about that though)

If the latter then that would be normal.

Regardless, any time the Rx is not receiving a valid signal it should cut power to the motor, whether it was switched on first or the Tx was switched off first (or it lost contact for some other reason).

I just tried fiddling around with my mSR and plugged it in a couple times with no Tx on. Twice I waited for it to go into bind mode and let it flash for 15 or 20 seconds. Once I turned on the Tx for 10 seconds and then back off again without doing bind mode. Then I did it the right way and the heli is still bound with the Tx. At no time were there any surprise motor starts or anything goofy.

This is DX7 with DSM2 like the DX6i and the heli has been sitting on the shelf for like more than a year since the last time I turned it on.

I don't recall if I ever accidentally put a regular Rx into bind mode without the Tx on but for sure there have been times when I turned them on with no Tx powered or the Tx on a wrong model. I just started over with correct model selected and Tx on first and no re-binding was necessary.

Your behavior seems out of the norm.
Weather Station
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.