RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Hobbyking USA Honeymooon is over - No Purolator!!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #21
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
Re: Hobbyking USA Honeymooon is over - No Purolator!!

Certainly was the good old days. I just woke up to this today after spouting off this morning how good Purolator or even pickup in Lakewood WA was. Now I have to eat my words. I will still order,, ship to the border, drive and enjoy a 2 day holiday in Washington occasionally because I also buy used gear for good prices from Americans(even with the 30% premium). But HK sure has decided that Canadians are worth nothing to them. Seems crazy as they had a lot of business.
They must have decided to move to Oregon because Washington 'revenuers' are after them.
I can't holiday too often in Canada either because I like the $100 versus $180 hotels in US versus Canada.

For those who spout buy local....shopping for a friend I found ... 2 6s lipos at GH 170x2+GST = 357
At Hobby King US57x2+used to be US20 shipping for 134US and even today at 30% would be 174CDN. SO at today's premium it would be 183 saved. I could not afford not to save. A few months ago it was 200+ saved. Whether I buy Canadian or not my CPP and my investments will allow me to live. Most of the "crap" is Chinese anyway. Just a markup for the distribution chain.
I do buy some stuff local still.
Recently Horizon had 25-30% off also with codes online, so I could not afford to buy Canadian then either. Not good for their retailers.

Some miscellaneous thoughts.
I am going to have to analyze using Package Express in Sumas, WA and their remailing process. They are a Canadian owned business

BTW I would not take an online purchase to a hobby shop and ask for help. That is just plain ignorant behaviour.

Last edited by 4*60; 03-06-2015 at 04:35 AM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.