RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Sad News about Jets Over Cayley 2015
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
akb
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Closed Membership
Radio of choice:
N/A
# of RCs: N/A

Total Props: 3
Sad News about Jets Over Cayley 2015

Unfortunately I have the task of announcing that Jets Over Cayley 2015 is cancelled. Due to circumstances beyond our control we could not work out an agreement to both parties satisfaction, that would have the event at AJ Flying Ranch.

I would like to thank those involved with me in the negotiations and appreciate all those jet pilots and families that have supported our events in the High River area since 2007.

Now for the good news. So for those that still want come and fly jets in Alberta that weekend we only need to look north to the fine club of the Edmonton Radio Control Society that have picked up our planned dates minus the Thursday. So the event would be July 24, 25 and 26th. This will be at there field called Bremner Field. I have not been their, but I have been told it is great location just off Highway 21 east of Edmonton and in between Sherwood Park and Fort Saskatchewan. If you are not familiar with the location, this will be located beside plenty of restaurants, hotels and yes ladies plenty of shopping.

Bremner Field is a jet friendly that has grass runways that are 600' long by 200' wide. Hey that is as wide as Whidbey Island! I have been told that the approaches on all sides are wide open with no obstructions. Dry camping will be available from July 23. I have also been told that there is power on site, but this is not available for the camping spots.

So there it is, not exactly what I had planned but I think that this will be a very great weekend after all just 150 miles to the north. I encourage all that were coming to Cayley to plan to meet at Bremner Field and lets have a great weekend together. I know I plan to be their and I hope you will too.

Please watch for further announcements on RC Canada in the future.

Alan Blore
High River RC Jet Club
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.