RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - High Speed Needle Wont Stay
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
bikeman

Total Props: 0
Dude, I just fixed my inferno GXR28 with same issue!

I found mine doing the exact same thing this past weekend. I racked my brain over it for 20 minutes out in the field and finally came up with an answer. If you remove the needle, you will see the oring. Remove that and look closely, you can see a very thin sleeve of aluminum or something. What is happening is that the oring by design, does not rub directly on the needle surface. I figure it is possible that maybe it is there so that when you turn the needle, it does not rub and wear away at the oring. Problem is that the sleeve stops resistance from being placed on the needle from the oring and with a little wear and fuel it moves. As I needed a quick fix out there, I took a pin and gently removed the sleeve - it is extremely thin and weak, removes easily. Once that was done, I took an old shock oring (3mm) and installed it. It worked awesome for the remainder of the day!!! Also found my jetting more consistant too which leads me to wonder if air had been allowed to pass between the needle and sleeve under the oring. I have no idea if the oring will hold up to prolongued fuel exposure and also don't know if constant fiddling with the needle will cause accelerated wear on the oring but I do know that it works great for the time being. I have to talk to Kyosho tomorrow about something else, I am going to find out why they designed the needle this way too.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.