RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Traxxas Jato......
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #11
MaxxMaster
RCC Contributor

I am: Johnno

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflybyu

THe only """adavantage"" That the dual engine truck supposedly had was power...not an actual mechanical advantage within the truck itself...

In monster, we had no limit on the engine size, so therefore no limit on the power.....

We didn't allow 4wd stadium trucks(HPI) because of the possible advantage.

Mike
But that's EXACTLY it. "more power".
That's all a 2-speed does when you gear it right, too.
The owner/driver could have geared the Twin Titan differently, and had both the same torque or more, and much higher top speed than any other truck there. If the driver would be to upgrade the engines, he'd be running over twice the torque of anyone eltse, which could be geared to achieve ballistic RPM's.

not to mension, the weight and fact that the truck is 4x4 give the truck full potential to use neat every last bit of what it has.

A 2-speed is just a way to get more RPM, and no more torque, with a motor that passes the rules.

i won't have any more traction than anybody eltse, and it's already pretty easy for someone to spin themsef out while going onto the throttle.
If it would be to come an issue of top speed, i'd make sure i was geared no higher in second gear than anybody eltse on the track.

if i'm not gaining any top speed, defeating the common thought of advantage of a 2-speed, all i would have is more torque. and unless we start regulating the output torque on our 1/10th nitros....

Johnno
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.