RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - SLOW COMBAT IN TORONTO IS ALIVE AND KICKING
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
buildsomething
RCC Apprentice

I am: Richard

Total Props: 0
The plans are available on the Toronto clubs web site http://www.rcfctoronto.ca/Cautionv3.pdf

The drawings will show you the basic shape and form, however the drawings need to be updated to reflect the new CAUTION II design. We are now using Hitec HS-81 servos instead of the standard servo...saves about 3 oz. The foam core wings shown in the drawing now have spars. The new fuse width is 2" wide inside dimension.

I will have short kits available for an introductory price of $35 which will include all the laser cut plywood, balsa, spars, leading and trailling egdes, ailerons and elevator and a CNC cut foam wing. The short kit does not include any hardware. Send me a direct email if you need to get a hold of a short kit. To date over the past 4 years I figure there have been over 100 planes built by various people.

The design of the plane is very basic...ie ugly stick, but it flies like its on rails, yet can turn on a dime. Whoever flew CAUTION, the same comment that I get is this ..... man this thing is fun....its so smooth. Dead sticks are a piece of cake.

The attached pic is a fully detailed CAUTION with nose chin, buried servos and no rubber bands......too nice for combat, but it give an indication what it can look like finished. Most guys don't go to all that detail, but this one was built by a master builder at our club by the name of Don McDougall. I only wish I could build like that Some of the guys cover the plane with colour packing tape, some with dope on the fuse...use whatever you have.

Hope this helps you out.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp00338-1_446.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	17096  
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.