RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Bring MAAC into the 21 century
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #55
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395
Re: Bring MAAC into the 21 century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Ace View Post
Not connected just looked up what is available on the MAAC web site. The resources I can access are no different than anyone else’s. http://www.maac.ca/en/documents.php

Zone D for 2015 no resolutions or recommendations submitted for the AGM.
Zone D for 2014 one recommendation submitted New – to include the following text. To: To serve and promote all aspects of aero modeling. Defeated as redundant already addressed in present language.

No other Zone reports submitted for viewing but looked through the AGM reports saw lots of activity from the other zones not much if any from Zone D. At least none that made it for consideration. Perhaps Marc could enlighten us so I can look them up for reference. I would like to see/recognise the influence you speak so highly of.

Dennis
The rebuild of the MAAC website so it can manage changes and potential changes to how MAAC does business, some discussed here, has been in the works for some time. Those roots, as well as the long term strategic plan are found with our previous and current ZD. You may find more valuable evidence of change in the budget over the years, more so than meeting minutes. Follow the money Dennis.

That aside, the greatest potential impact on MAAC and the hobby in general will be found in the outcome of the pending changes to CARs. http://www.maac.ca/en/documents.php As you know Dennis, T.C.'s NPA and MAAC's response are found under Transport Canada header in the left column.

If T.C. does not accept MAAC's recommendations, anyone who considers themselves a "recreational modeller" may be forced to become a MAAC member to avoid conflict with the law. I don't agree with this approach, but if it happens, there is potential that MAAC could have a mass influx of members that can quickly turn the organization's rudder in a completely different direction regardless of the association's history.

......a dramatic, and likely inevitable, change in membership demographics may, for example, decide discretionary funds would be better spent on FPV racing, than FAI? However, discretionary spending, magazine debate, competition/sport flying are micro issues at this point in history.

The next few years will be interesting times for MAAC and aeromodelling, period. The top priority needs to be one of protecting the privilege of airspace access earned through 65 years of safe flying. That will be accomplished through good insurance, strong government/industry advocacy-partnerships and public education. The rest is fluff ......IMO.

I think MAAC should be embracing those who know what they are talking about in the online world, many of which live and offer opinions here......... stop preaching and start listening. We will need all enthusiasts help to NOT get captured in our increasingly over-regulated world.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.