RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - New HET motors T29 and Tsunami controlers.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 09:04 PM   #28
oilman

Total Props: 0
Well i didn't tell the story of my Condor Maiden last weekend (or was it the weekend before that?) becuase it was embarrasing. But kinda funny so here it goes.

The field that Im fying over is too ruff for small wheels. So I brought out long lengths of mill felt. A kinda thick nylon belting used on the paper machines. Anyway it wouldn't lie flat enough to avoid a prop strike. So i was just going to give it a pass. But my dad was along and started giving advice. His advice was to stick it on the road (freshly paved) and take off go over the powerlines and then on and over the fields. Of course I thought this was nuts seeing as there are trees under the power lines that block the view. And the two or three seconds needed to get from the road to the field is a LONG time to be out of site. Never mind on maiden when you don't know what the speed and handling ect.. Anyway an argument ensued mostly centering around who was stupid and who was chicken sh.. ect. Anyway in the end I said here moron I'll prove it too you.

So the plane rolled out and took of within the distance between telephone polls. And shot up to power line hieght instantly. I backed off the throughtle to land thenn thought to myself you know what the hell lets go for it. And gunned it and rolled over the lines. So far and including t5his banking manouver the plane handled like a dream. I leveled and dove the plane a bit then bolted for the field myself. During my dash for the field I pulled back on the elevevator slightly woundering what my plane would be doing when I got there. I fully expected to see it just as it smacked full bore into the ground. But durring the long long run (about 15 feet) I heard it go CRASH! and then I was there to see it. It had hit one of only three trees in the field. Go figure. I guess they really are magnetic to Balsa. Anyway it was a nice big bushy cedar tree. Probably better i hit that anyway becuase it would have crashed into the ground for shure anyway. The tree is softer I figure. So the tree did no damage. But the wing twisting in its socket did. It crushed the leading edge on one side and slit the lower fuse panel. All easily repaired. About two hours maybe. So now it's waiting for anouther go. Just wish I could fnd somewhere to ROG it. It's a little big for hand luanch LOL.

So the end results are interesting. 200 whatts got a 4.5 pound plane in the air. A little long on the take off run. But I figure with more prop pitch and voltage 400 whatts momentary and 300 constant is possible from this motor. And 200 should be just fine for lazy patterns.

Will update you when more progress is made.

Oilman.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.