RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - TF Corsair Building Progress as of Feb 17 2008 (dry run)
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #28
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thelmt
I may have some arms for you Len...I'll look and email you...
I Can'tbelieve its snowing this morning....I wanna go fly
Thanks for the arms (or I'll see ya at the field--stick them in your field box).

Snowing. Better than rain, I don't seem to get as wet walking in it.

Oh man. I started collecting some info for this and can't believe how the time has flown by. Three years. Now I can understand people saying "well, just get on with it".

The gear are "no name" brand Can't measure them as they aren't back from warranty (air leak--turns out it was just a bad o-ring).

Seriously, no suitable gear was available for 1/8 scale Corsair. Robarts and CJ were too weak and consistently rotated on the ground. Sierra originally commmited to make a 60 size gear (they are primarily giant scale) but whether he "bit off more than he could chew" was never known. Months turned into years.

A gentleman from Florida by the name of Lee Robinson stepped up to the plate and designed and built these for our use.

Here's a close up as best I currently have (go to post #434)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_21...18/key_/tm.htm

This link started the whole process in motion (check the date of the first post and you'll see how long this has been in the making.

This link is the latest version and is the active one for his gear. Price wise they are in line with other 60 size gear BUT are definitely more robust. Sierra eventually did come up with 60 size rotating gear (they are more "polished" looking than Lee's but he was the only guy who stepped up to the plate and so there is a lot of loyalty towards him). Nothing wrong with the sierra brand. Just dealt with Lee.

Here's a close up of them just after installation:

I've even got a video uploaded shortly after installation

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbHsTuJyT5Q

THANKS for asking
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.