RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Dual Baterys
Thread: Dual Baterys
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 05:23 AM   #12
Graeme Marion

Total Props: 0
Greetings from Sunny Queensland

I have been parallel charging battery packs three at a time for the last month with no problems at all.

I charge three four cell 250mah. nicad packs at a time via a "W lead. (A three legged "Y" lead)

I check the charge rate before and at the end of overnight charging and there is no difference from the results obtained by charging each pack separately.

My battery packs never show an increase in temperature when charged this way.

Perhaps if I rapid charged my batteries in parallel I would experience an overheating and gassing problem. But let me reassure you that this does not happen when the batteries are charged at the overnight rate.

I do not think that anyone would be silly enough to try and parallel charge packs of different cell counts or different capacities.

Check the charge rate at the start and end of the overnight charge session and you will have a fair idea of how much you have been putting into your batteries.

Using a trickle charger I see no problems with charging this way.

For more information on this topic go to the ELECTRONICS FORUM, "Two chargers for the price of one".

Regards from Graeme Marion.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.