RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - People that bought the Aurora 9, how are you feeling?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
Re: People that bought the Aurora 9, how are you feeling?

So far I am happy with the A9 though I've only been able to use it a couple of times due to weather and "soft" field. It feels as good as or better than the JR x9303 I had with 72 and with 2.4. It certainly has a lot more features than the JR and the rx voltage display and warning can't hurt either.
I was disappointed in the inference that it was fast when it wasn't, by Mike Mayberry(lost some reputation with me as a Hitec rep) and also their early claim to out of range warning, which had to be dropped to get it out the door. One other thing. They advertised Eneloops for the TX and then shipped ordinary NIMH's. That's the nature of most companies these days. Neither Futaba, JR, Spektrum, nor Hitec show any depth in the ethics department.
Solved the NIMH situation by buying $10US 7.4 2100mah Lipos for the TX(which can be slected btw for low voltage warning etc.).
The latency/speed doesn't seem to be a problem for me and the out of range was probably useless anyway since they have been flown to the limits of human sight without glitching.
Price is right when you get 2 receivers in a deal with the TX and then 2 more for $39US with a coupon!

Last edited by 4*60; 02-23-2010 at 02:51 PM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.