RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - *** NEW GTA NITRO & ELECTRIC TRACK *** only $60/year to join club - check it out...
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #29
Dadic 78
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post

Just a quick question for you; how long have you been in the hobby? The reason I am asking is because I'm wondering if your comments are based on the fact that you are new (not a bad thing!) and haven't become bored of the bashing scene yet?

Narly1
I've been into this hobby for over 20 years. I've spent minimal time at orgainzed track events, and on sites like this because the arrogance, and childish behaviour of these "R/C racers" who act like the know-it-alls of our hobby seem to ruin it for people like me, who just come out to enjoy themselves. It's for this reason, that I have a core group of friends who are also into R/C that I race/bash with. We go out Sundays, and have fun, that's what this is about, isn't it?

As far as the "boom or bust" theory goes, Farley, you've hit the nail on the head... I couldn't imagine working my butt off to build a track (certainly not because I'm going to retire on my R/C track revenues!!!) and having to deal with individuals like the ones that made early responses to this thread, nit-picking at my whether or not they have the ideal racing conditions... Grow up, you guys. It's R/C racing. Personally, I think it would be pretty cool to be out racing while others are out flying thier planes at the same venue. What a great statement that would be for our hobby. I guess it will never happen when our hobby is filled with "comic book guys".
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.