RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - HK torque tube and what they hide
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
jess232
RCC Master Contributor

I am: jess h
Radio of choice:
futaba

Total Props: 3
Re: HK torque tube and what they hide

As for my experience buying helicopter related stuff from hobbyking i would NEVER recommend it, Hobbyking has actually the lower prices all around and despite the bad customer service everybody inlcuding myself continue buying from them.

As the matter of facts many many items are quite good and specially electrics such as motors and lipo packs are unbeatable for the prices, planes are really good too, however wen is related to something high performance such as a helicopter regardless wheter is for hovering or crazy 3d quality is a crucial factor.

There will never a point of compartion between a epo RTF plane and an aircraft that will be spinning above 2000rpm with fiber blades.

I just rememmber my last crash with my trex 500 in which i put a HK tail case, just flying around the tail shaft where the tail grips are attached to broke in the air, heli went to a crazy spinning towards me so the only thing i could do in a fraction of a second was to bring it down HARD, the aftermath......i think you can guess, the cause..... poor quality of the metal.

Well as a bottom line i would recommend to stay with the original good quality of components with the helicopter, they will be always more expensive but is actually worth the price, remember is better to fly safe.

Jess.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.