RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - More GLORCS Classes
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #118
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
just to touch on a couple of other things i read in here:
trophys: trophys were previously left in the hands of the track owners/race directors to deal with as they saw fit. a few venues chose not to have any trophys for anyone, which caused a major uproar and made us (GLORCS) look like the bad guys. This will not happen for 2009. Trophys will be handeled by GLORCS instead of the tracks, and in a standardized way. More details of this will be available in the next few months.

now that i have an internet connection, the glorcs survey results will be summarized and publically reported on so that all of you can see where everyone's opinions lie.

pre sorted qualifyers - i raised this concern last season and met resistance from track owners, claiming that it was extra unnecessary work for them. the way I look at it is that the race director is the service provider, and the racers pay for the service. if the racers want pre-sorted qualifyers based on last years or last weeks results (and/or based on their known ability) then this is what they should be expecting from their service providers. I will certainly be pushing for pre-sorted qualifyers as standard if its a popular request from the racers. I also like the idea myself.

jeddddd... the length of the lower mains will be discussed. I too would like to see longer mains at the lower end. thanks for bringing this up.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.