RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Avoiding a Midair
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Re: Avoiding a Midair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken park View Post
My 2cents

At the price of IMAA planes/equipment and having any midairs is just wrong. 2 flight lines going at the same time is likely to scare new people who would like to trying it in the first place.
Ken,

I don't see your justification for this statement. At one of the clubs I fly at on a semi-regular bassis there are 6 flight stations for pilots to fly from. On a good Sat morning or afternoon ALL 6 stations are occupied. So you are telling me two airplanes in the air flying set routines, (WITH SPOTTERS) is more daunting or dangerous then 6 airplanes flying in any and every direction with NO spotters keeping an eye on things? "I DON'T think so,Tim!"

As for Judges calling avoidences how can they be watching one airplane and judging it while keeping an eye on the other one?

The other MAIN thinng everyone is missing here is the that the guy standing beside the pilot, his FIRST duty is SPOTTER. Beeing a caller is just a bonus for the pilot. The SPOTTER is supose to watch for other aircraft.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.