scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
I flew a Futaba 9ZAP WC2 for two seasons and then had to send radio in for repair due to fatal crash with Rx. not RX fault but wanted it checked out. Sent Tx in because i bought it used and it had never been in.

Long story short... I needed a Tx to fly so i bought a DX7 to give the 2.4 a try. Really liked it but not enough mixxing for SA/IMAC on the DX7 but I liked the not having to worry about someone shooting me down.

Sold the 9ZAP and was going to wait till the Spring and let Futaba come out with the modules for the 12Z on 2.4. I saw the JR 9303 2.4 was only $629.00 for Tx / Rx and charger and thoght why should I wait till Futaba gets around to releasing the 12Z 2.4 which is probably going to be $1800.00 or so when I can get a 9 CH for 1/3 the cost so i bought the JR.

Man I love it. I bought the Heli version even though I only fly fixed wing because I had changed the DX7 to no ratchet and got use to it. I found the throttle response to be smoother and I just seem to be able to get the airplane to cruise along nicely in level flight. The link seems to be crisper to as I found with the DX7 as well.

The other bonus is it is WAY easier to program then the 9ZAP. I like it over the DX7 because it is heavier, like my 9ZAP and I had gotten use to that.

If you do not need a full 9 channels take a serious look at the new Spektrum DX6i. It is a full range 2.4 system and while it has 1 les channel then the DX7 the programming is close to the 9303 but I am not sure what the model memory capacity is thow. It has the same style roller wheel as the 9303.

If you want MORE I just got a flyer for the new 12X. It comes as a fully integrated 2.4 like the 9303 or you can get it with a 2.4 g Tx module with an integrated antena connected to the module.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.