Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Kelly W
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Kelly W
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 6
Re: Wjm

Hey guys, I will commit to a summary thread when its time to do it, no question. Publishing any detail now would circumvent the committee by effectively making it a public discussion. That being said, I have a few misconceptions to quickly clear up.

In its core, what will be presented to the committee in the next week or two is not vastly different than what the program was in the beginning. The biggest difference is that I intend to drive a solution that actually results in information being available for pilots to see. Try looking for the information now, and you’ll see the 1st problem with today’s process… There’s no list of requirements for pilots, no list of what to ask for from the chair’s perspective (on behalf of MAAC), no list of who can qualify a pilot, and there is no list of what MAAC memberships are associated with LOP’s, etc. For a program that results in liability coverage, this is far from ideal… I’ve also taken the feedback and tried to address a number of subjective points and ‘what-if’ scenarios presented. One quick example, a pilot lives in a remote area with no committee representation or nearby jet rallies, but he/she wants apply. So, how does he/she do it…?

This was initially summarized to all MAAC jet committee members in detail last summer. I presented it with a number of options, the first of which was to ‘do nothing’. No one responded with the option to do nothing about it, and the written or verbal responses were unanimous in favor of investigating further in a very specific direction. Based on this, I escalated it and also gained the support of the MAAC executive.

So… Knowing the risks of prematurely publishing info, I pointed out a few small details in this thread as it’s been asked before and a response seemed warranted here. I can’t say anything definitively other than to say I would never knowingly suggest a motion that would place any risk on a pilot's wish to compete in a WJM, particularly this one given the proximity. That’s the reason for wanting complete the task ASAP, in case there are non registered pilots wanting to be part of it. Please take that for what it’s worth.

Last note, To be clear, The chairman can not impose any rules. My role is to suggest items that may be in the best interest of Canadian jet modelers, research them, suggest alternatives, and facilitate completion of any actions in the committee. I do not get a vote unless I’m needed as a tie breaker. Every jet committee member should know this.

I will apologize for one thing. I’m a little over a month late on my original estimate. As I said before, my work’s been a tad crazy. This is a volunteer position with few applicants, so I’m doing my best and regret the delay. I do appreciate the feedback received and the patience, but would ask that everyone try not to worry about it. My goal is to solidify this, but in a way that does not become a burden for anyone (maybe with the exception of the chairman…)

As before, if you have any questions, please PM me and I will make sure they are all answered at the appropriate time. If you have any related concerns / suggestions to pass on but no committee member locally, please also feel free to contact me directly. Otherwise, to the current team members, good luck with the funding situation and please let me know if I’m needed somehow.

Thx,
Kelly
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.