RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Using 4 channel as 3 Channel
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
cordless33
RCC Apprentice

I am: Zach H
Radio of choice:
Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 2
Re: Using 4 channel as 3 Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip51035 View Post
Lots of good advice here. Just a couple of things. You will find if you just unplug the aileron servo that during the flight the vibration will make it wander from neutral. Aircraft controlled by rudder only react different in the air and give you a different looking turn and sometimes with a nosedive at the same time. Ailerons are a much smoother turn. If you cannot get to a club field, then get a flight simulator. It will save you a garbage can full of balsa pieces. Be careful that the simulator you get will work on your computer. It is best to have some experienced flyers inspect your aircraft cause there is lots of mistakes an amateur modeler makes that could make the aircraft harder to fly or easier to crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
I haven't caught up on all of this thread Cordless, but as I've said in other threads with you, if you want real flight experience on the cheap just get dollar store artboard foam and build a beater. You can make it 3 or 4 channels or whatever you want. Check out all the free foam plan websites and even the 'flitetest' guys on youtube have done some build vids on foam board planes - pretty good ones that stood up to one of the Johs's .

They also have a site: http://flitetest.com/

Anyway.... if you can't get help at the beginning at least get the cheapest flying thing around . Even if you crash the electronics will carry over to the next $1.25 foam board airplane you build!

Just my 2-cents.

Thanks,
J
Hey, thanks for the advice kip. And jay, for the "beater" plane I might do that if I can get cheap electronics. Like a motor and esc. I might just use the servos that I'm going to use one the good plane, same with the receiver. I will look into that. Thanks for posting guys!

-Zach

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.