Thread: Oil in fuel
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #28
floyd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 87
Re: Oil in fuel

Saito uses a 2-RS sealed front bearing that is lubed for life. I've only seen one Saito leak oil through the front bearing. I suspect a bad seal on the bearing. Every 2-Stroke I've done bearings on had a shielded front bearing that had the inner shield removed. Could be that the tolerance of the crank to crankcase is tighter. But most have an oil groove in the crankcase to get oil to the front bearing, so I question the tolerance seal theory. The prop hub is supposed to stop any dirt from accumulating or getting at the front bearing, most hubs have a overlapping lip. My OS Alpha's leaked so much oil out the front bearing, that they made a big mess. A quick Google search explained why. After using a 2-RS sealed bearing I have no more oil coming out the front bearing. I figure the engine pumped the oil out the front instead of up to the head where its supposed to go to exit. It would only make sense that the oil would find the closest exit which would be the front bearing. But as I stated in my first post, I never seen so much oil in an engine. I'm talking wet everywhere, even the rockers were soaked. I'm sure my Alpha's could run 10% oil with no damage. Cheers Floyd

Last edited by floyd; 03-31-2016 at 05:07 PM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.