RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - WINGS program
Thread: WINGS program
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #67

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobedevil

Dennis' club and realted examples are prime examples of allowing each club to do what they feel is necessary. It is not necessary to try and nationally legislate everything. Clubs will do what they know they have to do or fix what they have to fix because it's their leisure A$$ that is on the line.
Though simplistic Marc it’s not quite what I said. I would never advocate that each club set up its own wings program that is just not workable. We still need a very real and basic set of standards that would help ensure a minimum level of competence for one to receive their wings. Beyond that it would be up to the pilot to become familiar and competent for any advanced type of plane or style of flying he wishes to pursue. On that note my original position of polling the clubs that have working wings programs in place and assembling the best of the best ideas would make a good universal start for all clubs without the complicated testing and certification of pilots and instructors (who are in extreme short supply as it is).

Dennis
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.