RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - JR or Hitec?
Thread: JR or Hitec?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 09:52 PM   #15
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Whats so confusing Jim??? Basically what I am saying is that an airplane is built by a manufacturer. He gives very specific information about the plane, engine recommendations and servo torques necessary. Following those recommendations for the most part give you a very nice and safely flying airplane capable of doing what the manufacturer intended.

All I am saying is that its ok to go with a somewhat bigger engine to get the plane to do what you require. For IMAC we want enough vertical power to easily do our manovers with some reserve power to get us out of trouble if need be. And if your concerned about having to spend more money than you can afford then keeping within the manufacturers recommendations for servos is all thats required and will gaurantee the least amount of $$$ spent for what is absolutely necessary.

And why is the plane nose heavy Jim. It may not be to greatly overpowered but you have a 1.08 engine in it where a .61 is recommended! Thats another thing I was trying to say. When you go beyond the manufacturers recommendations then its bound to change other aspects of the plane eg affect on C of G requireing shifting of or adding weight to compensate and making the plane heavier than what is said in the manual the plane will be!

Buying engines twice the recommended size or buying servos that are 2 to 3 times more powerful than necessary is expensive and can be potentially dangerous. Thats all I was trying to say. But hey, I'm just as guilty of that as anyone but that doesn't make it necessary!

PS: If you want to buy a Hitec Digital Programmer send me an e-mail or a PM and I can give you MY price on getting it!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.