RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 2006 Nationals
Thread: 2006 Nationals
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #192
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ted L

Total Props: 0
I agree with you Mike on the point that it is a shame that the parties involved could not resolve the issue preventing a successful bid to host the Nats. It is not a shame on one party more than the other as we don't know what went on behind closed doors.

On the point of MAAC sanctioning the Canadian Championships, it is my opinion that unless there are safety rules that MAAC has set out for all events that the new event does not meet, I would think MAAC would have to grant sanction as they would have no reason not to. If MAAC decided to not provide insurance coverage based on the sour air from the failed bid, I would think that would be a failure on MAAC's behalf to fulfill their responsibilities to the membership. One of the reasons for MAAC's existence is to provide insurance coverage for just such an event. If they did not follow through on this responsibility because of an "I don't like you" attitude then I would be greatly disappointed in them as a professional organization. I believe that MAAC will not do this. Where does that kind of behavior stop?

I don't know the reasons why the bid was unsuccessful, and frankly at this point I don't much care. This is an old subject for almost as long as I can remember. By that I mean the Nationals as a whole, not failed bids. I just want to have an event that is large in scale, open to all that want to enter and encompasses as many aspects of the hobby as there is interest to support. All of this taking place in relative close proximity to each other event.

I hope to attend next year. It would be an eye opening experience for me as I have been flying for sometime now but I have not flown at an event with such scale involved. I flew at the KW Scale rally this year. That was the biggest event I have ever flown at and I found myself to be quite nervous. It was very gratifying to successfully complete my few flights. First flight I could barely hold the sticks still. I can't wait to challenge myself to the level of the Canadian Champs. I am going to go more for the flying experience then the actual hope of winning. I would be entering the RC Scale event and my plane may not do well on static judging but I hope to score well in the flight portion.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.