RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 22nd Kingston Giant rally
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
f6hlct
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dave P

Total Props: 3
Re: 22nd Kingston Giant rally

This was the 22nd year for the IMAA Giant Scale event in Kingston, and I have to say, it just keeps getting bigger and better every year. The weather was great for both days and that in itself is something to cheer about the way the last 2 years have been. With 61 registered pilots and well over 100 planes in attendance, this was defiantly a party. Richard from Discount Hobbies sponsored awesome Black T-Shirts with the Red maple leaf and IMAA logo on the back for free to every pilot. Very nice touch. With 5 flight stations full most of the time, the flow seemed just right with very few waiting periods, and you could see any combination of WW1, WW2, civilian or aerobatic planes in the air. During the lunch break though, the 3D guys were allowed to dominate the sky and put on a show for us while we sat and enjoyed a BBQ meal. Every 20 minutes or so, smaller prizes were randomly drawn throughout the day to spread things out a bit, with many bigger prizes being saved for the end. To cap off the first day, the Kingston club outdid themselves with a fantastic Pig Roast dinner including fresh corn on the cob, baked potatoes and dessert. I think I may have gained a pound or two but who is counting. Carl Kingston, no relation to the event, was the lucky winner of the RCGuys Super Decathlon. Couldn’t have gone to a nicer person. Pictures of this event will be posted in a day or two when I get my feet back on the ground.

The report would not be complete without commending all the people that helped put this event on. Lisanne, Morgan and Dave Asquini on registration, Geoff Strotmann on raffle sales, Dave Hammond, Brian Wattie and Martin “give me a microphone” Passfield for doing all the other tasks too many to mention. Lastly to all the Kingston members that worked really hard to feed us breakfast, lunch, and an out of this world dinner, and for grooming, one of the best flying fields I have had the opportunity to fly at.

Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carl Kingston L_800x533.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	57835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kingston Group 2009 L_800x497.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	57836  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.