RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - turnigy aerodrive 4240 530kv conversion
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Dangaras
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: A L
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 9
Re: turnigy aerodrive 4240 530kv conversion

It will definitely do better but it ads 100+ extra grams and will be overkill at 1350W. The Kv is fine. A 1/4 scale cub should fly on 80W/lb like the one I fly. At 15+ lbs she flies very scale on 1400W with 6 cell 4000 25C packs at 2/3 throttle or less with a 20*10 2 blade prop.

The more you add post the heavier she gets then the bigger battery you need to use so the heavier it gets and round and round you go..'........

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofler View Post
IMHO the motor you reference is not up to the job you are attempting. The maximum current rating is too low.

This one would be better. The extra length means it has more torque meaning larger props.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=4250

Hobby king used to sell a 4250 700 kv which I like very much in 6 to7 pound airplanes. Bummer that they discontinued it. The above one is closest to it at the moment.

I'd suggest 5000 mAh five cell packs and an 80 amp controller. The turnigy plush ones work well. Prop the motor for 60 amps. Not being familiar with that motor cannot tell you what prop. However somewhere in the area of a 13/8 or 14/8 would probably be right.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.