RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - CA or Epoxy ?????????? New Builder
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ted L

Total Props: 0
There is a "Slow Zap" available that will give you a little more working time with the piece. Once you have it where you are happy with it you could hit it with some "Kicker" to instantly set the glue. There are also a bunch of other glues that are not instant but very good for modelling purposes. They will slow down your building just a little but if you plan it right, you can work on a few different parts of the plane at the same time. You glue a few parts on the wing then move to another area and glue a few on the fuse, then glue some on the tail feathers all the while the wing is drying and so is the fuse now. Polyurethane is great for overnight joints. It can be used in most places that epoxy can. You can buy that stuff at your local hardware store. It sets off with moisture so put the glue on one part and wipe or mist water on the second, then join and block the parts so nothing moves then go to bed. I mean moisture not dripping wet, just barely moist. There are other glues and I am sure someone will give more examples. Best thing to do when your starting out is to get some balsa scraps and glue them up with different glues just to see how they work.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.