RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - DA-60 Testing ( Taming the Monster )
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: DA-60 Testing ( Taming the Monster )

With the DA ignition....as i stated. It is mechanically fixed at 4 degrees.
So down at idle rpms the ignition should be firing at 4 degrees timing.
One fellow in the US set up a timing light with his engine. What he found was that at idle rpms, around 1700 to 1800. His timing was actually firing between 14 and 17 degrees advance. Too much.
The engine at idle would hit hard. This causes the engine to vibrate and shake.
In older heavier planes this probably wouldn't be an issue. But in todays lighter and lighter airframes, it is amplified and can look quite violent.

When DA was first shipping these engines. The hall sensor was set about halfway advanced in the screw slots.
These engines were worse. AFter engine serial # 678 ( mine is 380 ), DA stated shipping the engines with the hall sensor slid fully retarded in the screw slots.
If you send you 60 or 120 in for a check up or service. ANd the sensor is advanced. When you get it back from DA, the sensor will have been moved to its lowest position LOL. So they know something is up themselves.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00556 (Small).JPG
Views:	189
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	155542   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00557 (Small).JPG
Views:	211
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	155543   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00558 (Small).JPG
Views:	203
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	155544  

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.