RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - DA-60 Testing ( Taming the Monster )
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: DA-60 Testing ( Taming the Monster )

The first thing I needed to do was to mount up the after market braket for the sensor to see if I could get into position and working. Because I dont have the proper aftermarket part, its not a straight bolt on affair for me.

There are 2 holes drilled and tapped into the DA crankcase for the Hall sensor to be bolted to.
With the bracket I have, the hall sensor sits directly over one of those screw holes. Which happens to be the 28 degree TDC position LOL.

I could wait and order the correct after market DA bracket. But I can't wait LOL.
Or........
I can drill and tap a new hole for the second screw. I don't want to that.....The motor still has 2.5 yrs of warranty left. I don't think DA would take to well to me drilling and tapping new holes in their motor

sooooooo..... I timed the motor and got the sensor in place and have 1 screw in place. The second screw is directly beneath the sensor, so I cant do a second screw.
Instead... I wrapped the bracket in a cool new silicon tape. It won't and can't move now. I tested the ignition and it gives me fire. all is ready to go.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00561 (Small).JPG
Views:	209
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	155553   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00562 (Small).JPG
Views:	203
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	155554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00563 (Small).JPG
Views:	209
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	155555   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00564 (Small).JPG
Views:	204
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	155556  

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.