RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Beginer question... maybe important!!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
Re: Beginer question... maybe important!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneman32 View Post
Obviously using RC radio gear now has changed tremendously in the last couple decades. I have heard of guys flying FPV for miles and have not heard of one instance of intervention by any authority telling them to stop. I don't even think its monitored or regulated anymore. The RC community is quite large.
I will note, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Our DOT guys have better things to do than chase down one guy flying FPV by himself. That said, flying FPV for recreation is perfectly legal but I'd suggest following the maac guidelines and using a spotter, it's only when you do it commercially that you need to get permits. Keep in mind, it just takes one dumb accident and we could lose that freedom, and our insurance, very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannywest View Post
You are not quite correct on the license requirement waylander, you only needed a CB license back then.
Manfred
Thanks for the correction.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.