RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - New FAA Reg's
Thread: New FAA Reg's
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #17
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199
Re: New FAA Reg's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Wonder if MAAC could approach Transport Canada if it would be possible to create a new air space category for MAAC sanction model airfield.

Ex category M for model airfield 5 km radius up to 500-1000 meter ground relative altitude.

The idea is that full size aircraft pilot would be made aware were model airplane- helicopters are flown and would be easy for them to avoid us.

MAAC club would have to register their field with TC. Yes it is more paperwork but we need to be proactive to save our hobby.

And if TC do this, more country could move in the same direction
Let's not get carried away 500-1000 meters. Don't think that would go over. Especially at our field about a kilometer from a runway.
MAAC seems to be doing fine. Keep in mind we are dealing with a bureacracy that insisted that in Calgary, at the south end of the city, like 10 miles from the airport, my property title had a condition where I could not grow tall trees that would interfere with the glideslope(or build stuff for that matter). I think the slope meant the trees would have to be about 1000' tall. But there it was.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.