RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Orange Crate Issue
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
mtnflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Orange Crate Issue

Hi everyone

Within the next week or two, I'm going to begin a scratch-build of a small electric aerobat, that is called the Orange Crate. I have no doubt that this will be a very fast flyer, similar to the Das Stick type of years back.
The pencil shown in the pictures I've added, point to a design issue I'm having with the plane. You can see on both the rudder and the elevator that the tips are shown to be extending forward to the leading edges of the fin and stab. I'm wondering "Why??".

I know that prototypes have been built and flown. But, my guess is that having the tips extending forward like that will cause unnecessary stress in the tail section when the rudder and elevator pivot on the hinges.

My intentions are to build the plane with rudder and elevator leading edges going straight across, like any other plane.

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this!

Guy

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.