General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:45 AM   #31
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163
Open forum

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thelmt
The needs of the many outway the needs of the one...I had the unfortunate dealing with someone who backed out of a deal at the last minute. After researching this "member" I found this to be a pattern. The next time he posts something for sale, I told him I will dog his post and warn others. Why, because I actually care for those who could potentially get stung by this seller. IMO - This is an OPEN forum.
First off, why not just post negative feedback regarding the seller and in it report what happened?. Why "dog" the seller's posts? Anyone interested will read the feeback and decide for themselves how to proceed.

2 Plenty of people post things for sale and change their minds later, u may have entered into a deal with him and he later decided not to sell(not great) but, how did u get "stung"? Did he take your money and not return it? If not, u have no losses to complain about.

Nobody has to sell to u. Even if u are the first in line and offer full price, he still has the right to sell to who'm ever he sees fit.

Mike
luv2flyrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #32
2thelmt
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ID

Total Props: 0
Sounds like your defending your buddy(his words in a PM to me sounded exactly the same)
I had a verbal agreement, by the book this legally binding but who really would enforce it. When you make work arangements to take time off to pick something up, and the seller backs out AT THE LAST MINUTE people tend to get pissed off!
Regarding no losses-Time and effort and lets see...time. In my business, time is money.
Your right, no one has to sell to me, but a deal is a deal, anyone with some integrity would stand by their word.
Oh and by the way, the dogging is my way of saying for every bad action, there is double reaction.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #33
2thelmt
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ID

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midair
This is a public members forum, not a newspaper and not a private advertisement. If someone can’t take the heat for an overpriced or poor quality item, then perhaps he shouldn’t be posting.

Buyer be ware, seller be warned?

Peter
HERE HERE

Old 02-15-2005, 05:16 PM   #34
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thelmt
Sounds like your defending your buddy(his words in a PM to me sounded exactly the same)
Not defending anyone in particular & I have no idea who you've had dealings with. So please don't infer otherwise.

Just stating the obvious, Your approach could backfire and cast doubts on your integrity, not just the seller's.

Mike
luv2flyrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #35
Midair
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Peter M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 26
Gents:

These will probably be my last comments to this string – for me it’s time to move on. First, the overarching sentiment in almost every post is concern for the welfare and feelings of others; essentially we want to do the right thing. That’s heartening because it reaffirms to me that the people associated with our hobby/sport are generally good people who want to help other modelers and thereby foster R/C. There will always be unrealistic or uninformed sellers and there will always be unreasonable buyers, but by and large they are in a clear minority. Perhaps by the discussions that take place here, the next time someone has the opportunity to act in an inappropriate manner, they will remember this topic and think twice about doing so.

A very interesting topic. Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

Cheers ,

Peter
MAAC #22527

Murphy was an optimist; fly safe and have fun.
Midair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #36
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Midair

Now that a great post!!!!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in