I broke the LED on my Evolution 58GX2 ICU-S Ignition - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
Mike Anderson
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mike Anderson
Radio of choice:
JETI DS-24
# of RCs: >20

Total Props: 1
I broke the LED on my Evolution 58GX2 ICU-S Ignition

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just damaged the ignition LED on the ICU-S ignition for the 58GX2 engine. So I thought I'd go to the electronics store & get a replacement. I measured 3.25 VDC at the ignition LED port, so I came home with the nearest fit, a LED with Vf=2.5V. But it doesn't work.

Does anyone know the specs for the original ignition LED? I need forward voltage Vf & max current, assuming the ignition module does the current limiting.

If the specs aren't available, where can I get a replacement LED without buying a replacement ignition?
Mike Anderson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Re: I broke the LED on my Evolution 58GX2 ICU-S Ignition

Mike,
I have a brand new Evolution Gen II ignition from the 45cc. I no longer have the engine but I have the ignition which has only been used for two short runs.

If it is the same ignition as you need, you can have it for free. Maybe just do someone else a favour some day.

I have it down at my shop, if you want to give me a call 705 567 7950 during the day 8am to 5pm edt) I can describe it to you - hopefully it will be the same and you can use it for your 58.

Andrew
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
dwv

Total Props: 0

LEDs are actually diodes, and are polarized, they only work one way.
Did you try reversing the leads to see if it works?

Dave
  Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
Mike Anderson
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mike Anderson
Radio of choice:
JETI DS-24
# of RCs: >20

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
Mike,
I have a brand new Evolution Gen II ignition from the 45cc. I no longer have the engine but I have the ignition which has only been used for two short runs.

If it is the same ignition as you need, you can have it for free. Maybe just do someone else a favour some day.

I have it down at my shop, if you want to give me a call 705 567 7950 during the day 8am to 5pm edt) I can describe it to you - hopefully it will be the same and you can use it for your 58.

Andrew
WOW that's very generous of you! I don't really need it right now, but thanks anyway.

I managed to re-solder the Cathode leg whch had been snipped off right flush to the lense body. So far it's fine, but one day it may die. I just wisshed I could somehow derive the specs so I could get a new led off the shelf if or when it breaks.
Mike Anderson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anderson View Post
WOW that's very generous of you! I don't really need it right now, but thanks anyway.

I managed to re-solder the Cathode leg whch had been snipped off right flush to the lense body. So far it's fine, but one day it may die. I just wisshed I could somehow derive the specs so I could get a new led off the shelf if or when it breaks.
Well, I was looking at it yesterday and I didnt realise the LED wires simply plug in. I could send you just the LED if you want, rather than the whole ignition.

Just let me know, its not going anywhere.

Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in