Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
ace mcfee
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Karl C.
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Robart Retracts Setup

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm sitting here in the workshop looking at my first Robart retracts install. I think I can figure out all the hoses and valves okay but I am at a bit of a loss deciding where the filler connection should exit the plane. I am building a Top Flite T-34 scale Mentor with retractable mains and nose gear. The 80" wing is in three sections and I had planned to put the air tank and the main valve and servo in the centre section with a hatch for access. I thought I might place the two fittings (fill valve and pressure gauge) to exit the wing on the forward top of the wing just outboard of the centre section. Since I have to have an air line going to the nose gear, I plan to put a quick connect fitting on that line for easy wing removal. Any suggestions that will make this setup more practical and functional are most appreciated.

Ace
ace mcfee is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
aceplant00
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Re: Robart Retracts Setup

Never setup a retract system but a thought would be to try to set it up so there is no hoses that need to be disconnected to take the wings on and off. I would worry about a bad conection/air leak occuring.
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
swixtt
RCC Contributor

I am: Jay

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace mcfee View Post
I'm sitting here in the workshop looking at my first Robart retracts install. I think I can figure out all the hoses and valves okay but I am at a bit of a loss deciding where the filler connection should exit the plane. I am building a Top Flite T-34 scale Mentor with retractable mains and nose gear. The 80" wing is in three sections and I had planned to put the air tank and the main valve and servo in the centre section with a hatch for access. I thought I might place the two fittings (fill valve and pressure gauge) to exit the wing on the forward top of the wing just outboard of the centre section. Since I have to have an air line going to the nose gear, I plan to put a quick connect fitting on that line for easy wing removal. Any suggestions that will make this setup more practical and functional are most appreciated.

Ace
hey there...
i've got that exact same kit. not building though, i have a TF Harvard i'm working on with retracts for this winter instead. maybe next year i'll get to the 34.
anyway, have a look at this thread...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_41..._1/key_/tm.htm

also, where did you get your retracts from?

thanks
swixtt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
ace mcfee
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Karl C.
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0

Thanks for the thread. Interesting, but I wonder about removing the right thrust. I know its quite a lot on the plans, but I figure it must be there for a reason. I am building this T-34 for a friend. He got the retracts from Lester's Hobbies in Nakusp. Some of the best RC prices in BC. I have just installed the landing and nav lights plus rotating beacon. I think I will put the air tank, servo, valves, batteriest for lighting etc. all in the centre section of the wing. I will still have one quick disconnect air line and one electical plug in for the nose gear and the rotating beacon and rear fuse nav light.

Cheers

Ace
ace mcfee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
Wayne22
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: wayne b

Total Props: 13

Is it a once piece wing, or a three piece?
You could hide the filler valve under a hatch, or in one of the wheel wells, but you'll need it readily accessible to re-fill once the plane is assembled and sitting on its wheels.

How about putting the pressure guage in the cockpit??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in