RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
results?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So what were the results of the race?
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
imported_Steve
RCC Apprentice

Henry buggy & Truggy
imported_Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks!!! Congrats Dave!!!

Anything a little more detailed?
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

tq'd buggy and truggy also!
thats two years in a row for myself winning both!
all the Sprucewood Team Losi Racing guys qualified in the a's in both buggy and truggy, no bumping required
buggy was a great battle between myself,george,ben and gareth that saw george pulling away from us all till he had troubles lapping parent, then he fell back into ben's clutches, it ended with myself and ben battling back and forth for 15 minutes with ben being a little faster, finally passed him for good with a couple of laps too go then he ran out of gas halfway around the last lap, finishing order was henry,wheeler,stiliadis,houban (i think)

truggy was henry (me!) all the way, flag to flag with 2 laps on the field, the truggy was super dialed,gareth ended up second, don't remember the rest sorry

it will be interesting to see the complete results and see how many losi's we had in the main

abiye finished 3rd in the 4wd flashlight class

martin petre cleaned up in monster truck, us old glorcs guys can still show them how to drive eh martin?

the bench racing is over guys, the first race is done and the results don't lie! don't h8ight, win with an 8ight!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
canadiannascar
RCC Pro Contributor

We had a blast, very well ran race schedule.
I was only a C Main MT winner, but was very impressed with the drivers like Dave Henry & others,, wow,, can they drive..

Anyways,, here's a pic of the A Main Truggy results..
I believe Dave had the fastest lap in his Truggy.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:41 AM   #6
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re fastest lap in truggy

dave henry ran a great race from start to finish in truggy but the fastest lap put down on the track all weekend in a truggy was by my teammate louie z (ziggy355) with his losi 8t go tech 5 port powered.

i believe he ran a 27.975.

he got 2 first place finishes in his first 2 qualifiers and then in his 3rd qualifier he was hacked so much it was brutal. he ended up losing his temper and out of frustration he drove his truggy into the wall after the race.

well the powers that be dq ed him ( he was # 18 qualifier overall at that point.)

next day he found out that they knocked him down from 18th all the way to 81st and put him last in the g main. seems kind of harsh to me to knock him down 63 places .
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #7
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

They told us very clearly before the race that if you were DQ'd, your quailifiing would be based off of your slowest run. Sounds fitting to me. There is no need to smash your car into a wall after the race. For one it doesn't really have the saftey of everyone in mind does it.

Thanks for the great weekend.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re safety and the rules.

ive been to a few races and seen guys do much worse than drive their truggy into a wall where nobody was even close to being around and they never got dq ed.

seems like theres different rules and tolerances for different people.just depends who you are i guess in how they are applied.

the prime example of different rules for different people was evident on the friday morning when we were all told we werent allowed to practice on the track until 4pm. well funny when i arrived at 9am and went inside to take a peek at the track (the big side door was already open)i had a few people come up to me and tell me to get out nobodies allowed inside until 4pm . meanwhile theres a bunch of guys running on the track already. then i was told they get to run on the track because they helped build it. what kind of bull is that?

another example i recall was after my main in truggy i was done and i almost went off the drivers stand and the pit nazi shook his hand at me . then i was told by someone if i had left the drivers stand i would be dq ed.

then in other mains (higher up ones to be specific) i saw several guys come down off the drivers stand during the race , go into the pit area and then climb back on the drivers stand and continue racing and the pit nazi never said a word to them.

either the rules should apply to everyone equally without playing favorites or why bother having any rules at all?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
SHEP

Dave
SHEP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
bobf24
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post

the prime example of different rules for different people was evident on the friday morning when we were all told we werent allowed to practice on the track until 4pm. well funny when i arrived at 9am and went inside to take a peek at the track (the big side door was already open)i had a few people come up to me and tell me to get out nobodies allowed inside until 4pm . meanwhile theres a bunch of guys running on the track already. then i was told they get to run on the track because they helped build it. what kind of bull is that?
if you helped build the track you deserve a reward, having helped out last year it was a lot of work, more than any outdoor track I've helped at, basically building the entire set up in two days, how many outdoor tracks build the entire track and drivers stand in that much time? not many, also those guys got to run the track to make sure all the jumps were ok and the track didn't suck, instead of complaining about it you should be thanking them, without them there woudln't have even been a track to run on, and everyone had an oppourtunity to help out you just had to step up

from what i've heard it was a good race, I wish I could have come for it, stupid exams
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in