Looking for a couple plans - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
RCC Plans Exchange This is a place for RCC members to exchange plans that they own (they have drawn). Please note that commercial plans will not be allowed. If you do not have the rights to post the plans, do not post them.
Plans should be updated in DXF format or zipped to decrease the size.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
Madman
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Stephen M

Total Props: 1
Looking for a couple plans

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am looking for a couple of plans from my youth!

Model Builder did a 1/6 Fokker D.VI around '74 or so. It was designed by Phil Foster. There are poor scans available on line but they have the same errors that the original reduced image from the magazine issue showed. I would like to find someone with an original set of the drawings I could get a copy of please or buy the original plans.

I am also looking for a copy from an original of the Sterling Fledgling kit plans (not mini fledgling please). I built the kit as a kid in the '70s but never flew it. It was eventually lost. A couple years ago one of our senior club members donated one to the club. I picked it up for my son to get his wings on. He trashed it later that year (after he got his wings). I would like to build another and found the plans on line but again they are poor scans so would like to get a copy from original plans (or the plans them selves if possible).

Thank you in advance.

Stephen
Madman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
gkm41
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Gary

Total Props: 0
Re: Looking for a couple plans

plan for fledgling http://www.outerzone.co.uk/download_...an.asp?ID=4117

there are a few on that site as well for the Fokker but I didn't see the one you are looking for. A great site though, so many plans that print out to full scale. great resource
gkm41 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkm41 View Post
plan for fledgling http://www.outerzone.co.uk/download_...an.asp?ID=4117

there are a few on that site as well for the Fokker but I didn't see the one you are looking for. A great site though, so many plans that print out to full scale. great resource
That is a great site. I have been rummaging through it for a while now!!

I bookmarked it

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Lake Flyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave P
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: To

Total Props: 5

Model Builder plans are still available from Anita Northrop. I just fax her an order with my CC # and the plans show up. Fokker plans are U.S. $18 + 25% postage. I have contact info if your interested.
Lake Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #5
Madman
RCC Senior Contributor

Lake Flyer

When was the last time you ordered from her? The plans are supposed to be going to the AMA. I contacted them and was told they are still working out details. I called Anita once but found it very hard to communicate. By FAX sounds like a reasonable arrangement tough. Thank you.

Stephen
Old 09-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
Lake Flyer
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR

I ordered from her this spring. It was a couple weeks before the order showed up on my credit card. The plans showed up a couple weeks after that. I am going to fax her another order today so we will see what happens this time. I wanted a few plans before they disappeared forever. It's good news if they are going to the AMA.
Dave
Old 09-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
cope
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bob C

Stephen: My first aircraft was also a Sterling Fledgling. I still have the original plans. The link in gkm41's post should suit your purposes. It is a copy of the original.If you still want the original,pm me with your address.
Bob
cope is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #8
Lake Flyer
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR

Just to let anyone reading this thread know. I faxed my order today and the Fax did go through. I will post how things worked out and weather I get my plans.
Dave
Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
Madman
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope View Post
Stephen: My first aircraft was also a Sterling Fledgling. I still have the original plans. The link in gkm41's post should suit your purposes. It is a copy of the original.If you still want the original,pm me with your address.
Bob
My first build was a Fledgling when I was 13 or 14. All yellow. Urethane paint (Perfect Paint?) on the fuse and tail and permagloss coverite on the wings. Used mom's iron and had no help so the wing tips were pleated! Had a K&B 35 for power which had a butterfly on the exhaust for throttle. Radio was an MRC 5 channel with servos that had little sliding ears instead of rotating arms. It never flew for me, was moved a couple times then bought by someone in Burlington around the early to mid 80s. I hope they flew it.

Stephen

Last edited by Madman; 09-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
Madman
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope View Post
Bob
Bob

Thank you very much. The plans arrived yesterday. As I may have said I either gave my original plans away or will find them hidden in plane sight when I re-arrange my work space. I intend on getting a copy made would you like a fresh copy for your files?

Stephen

Dave

Please keep us in the loop as to how your order goes. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in