Passport for USA - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #21
Jabba
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I think you can do it online. Get the forms fill it in and mail it in.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #22
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney
>not even 2 months after sept 11.

Crossed the border at the Lewiston bridge two weeks after 9/11, expected intensive security - fastest ever!

"Where are you going? Letchworth? Have a great weekend" .. gone...
Crossed the border at the Lewiston bridge six months after and had no problems while I watched a guy nearly get shot for getting out of his SUV to open the back hatch (helping the searchers?).

It could all have been avoided by not electing either Bush.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #23
Pauld
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by can773
Some passports suck...mine has visa's from Poland, Venezuela, Oman (middle east) in Arabic no less...and a bunch of other stamps.....its about as useful for getting across the border as a can of soup would be

ID...hand over passport....oh great now the questions start...what were you doing in the middle east...working...on what?...s**t Even getting back into Canada is a PITA Needless to say I should just loose it and get a new one....most of the time I avoid handing it over unless absolutely required which it usually isnt.

Anyway...I really hate my passport.
Chad,

I guess that tip I sent in worked>>>>> :P :P :P :P

Paul

P.S. - you should have seen the questions I got in the U.S. when they spotted my Chinese Visa!

http://www.jetpilots.org/
MAAC Jet Committee
IF IT'S TOO LOUD - YOU'RE TOO OLD!
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #24
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20
online access:

http://www.pptc.gc.ca/online_forms/index_e.asp

If anyone has done the online method, two questions:

1)how do you get the regulation picture to them
2)how does the guarantor sign the document?
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #25
StevenHilton

passport

If you go to a satellite office the lines are not bad. Do not try at the passprt office in any downtown center or the waits are brutal. I got mine ourside of Toronto and it was a breeze.
StevenHilton is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #26
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Re: passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHilton
If you go to a satellite office the lines are not bad. Do not try at the passprt office in any downtown center or the waits are brutal. I got mine ourside of Toronto and it was a breeze.
Mississauga is impossible, Brampton is fine if you are a new citizen and speak Hindi, how far will I need to drive for a passport?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #27
JimBrown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim Brown
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-24
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4
If you're going to the States to attend an event and taking planes and what not with you, it would be a good idea to have some kind of proof that you brought the planes into the States with you, otherwise you may get hassled on your way back into Canada. It happened to me twice the summer before last. I almost had to pay taxes on whatever value they would decide they were worth, and then file a claim to get that money back as long as I could provide proof that I purchased the stuff in Canada (who keeps reciepts for everything that goes into a plane?) Fortunatly, I just got a lecture about it.

Now, I have a picture of each plane, and my toolboxes, and a few other larger items, all of which do not have serial numbers. Before crossing into the States, I stop at Canada Customs and get the pictures stamped with whatever "official" stamp they want to use. Usually the Customs officer will want to have a look in the van to verify what's in the picture. Once the picture has been stamped, I can use it on any future trips without having to have it stamped again.

For items with serial numbers (cameras, camcorders, etc.) again stop at Canada Customs and get the little green card they have. List the items with their serial numbers, get it stamped and keep it with you. It can be used for each trip.

As for the passport question, my wife and I applied for ours a month after 9/11, as we knew things would get tighter at the border, particularly since I am a Canadian born abroad (England.) We've never had any problems entering the States with our passports. In fact, on one trip, I had to listen to the US Customs officer explain the recent crash of his RC Trainer. We all smiled as he sent us on our way.

...jim
JimBrown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #28

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBrown
If you're going to the States to attend an event and taking planes and what not with you, it would be a good idea to have some kind of proof that you brought the planes into the States with you, otherwise you may get hassled on your way back into Canada. It happened to me twice the summer before last. I almost had to pay taxes on whatever value they would decide they were worth, and then file a claim to get that money back as long as I could provide proof that I purchased the stuff in Canada (who keeps reciepts for everything that goes into a plane?) Fortunatly, I just got a lecture about it.
LOL, I have had that lecture at least a 1/2 dozen times

Yes, yes ok I am sorry wont happen again

This summer when going to Muncie, Adam and I were driving in my Matrix with all our planes and luggage....packed to the roof no less.

US Customs " can I see in the back"
Chad " sure" get out open hatch
US Customs "radio control planes you say, how many?"
Chad "yep 2 of them"
US Customs "does any size on them measure more than 12 feet?"
Chad "u think I can fit a 12 foot airplane in this car?"
US Customs "no"
Chad "there you have it"
US Customs "Have a good trip!"

LOL, entertaining
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #29
R_Lefebvre

I cross the border every day, and it frankly comes down to this:

Until Dec 31st, 2007, you technically only need a birth certificate and driver's license.

HOWEVER, the reality is... if you're anything other than "white", bring a passport. It could speed things up.
R_Lefebvre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in