Possible new club in Newmarket/East Gwillimbury - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
Possible new club in Newmarket/East Gwillimbury

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The Moraine Flyers (http://www.geocities.com/moraineflyers/) is currently floating a possible new field.

Nothing is definite as yet, and only an expression of interest is being asked for.

More details to follow once the field location has been nailed down.

Yes, it's like "Field of Dreams" -- build the field and they will come.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
flysrcs
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 5
Sounds like a great Idea. Please let use know when and were you get a flying field. I like your common sense approach to the rules and does not seem to be governed/ruled to death. One suggestion. It seems to be the popular thing these days to charge an initiation fee for nothing more than an easy way to increase the bank balance with no value added service. I.m not a big fan of this as I like to see what my hard earned dollar gets me these days. for example: if I pay an initiation fee do In stillhave to participate in grass cutting and field maintanance or can I just come and fly.
just my 2cents.
Dave
flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #3

I agree that initiation fees are a bit heavy-handed approach to building up funds for field improvements. However, with the number of clubs that have been forced to relocate (two major clubs in the GTA region that I know of), making the one-time charge is an option. A name change like "field development assessment" with the funds from that being slated exactly for that.

One club that I know of has taken a different approach to the dues problem: if you're willing to put in the sweat-labour doing field work, your dues are reduced to the break-in amount. If you just want to fly without doing any of the maintenance, your dues are double that of the guys who do the work.

Alternate is that the guys who complain about the grass being too long, etc., are required to bring along their own mowers and do the work if they want the really short grass.

Until the "potential" field becomes more than just wishful thinking, this may be as far as things go.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #4

Dave, if it looks like things are moving ahead, are you seriously interested -- send me an e-mail and I'll make sure that your name gets put on the list.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Hey guys- not sure if you are aware but there is already a fantastic club nearby that services both Aurora and Newmarket- The Aurora Model Aircraft Club.It was founded over 35 years ago and it has a gorgeous field and as of late, a very friendly place to fly with many new and old members who are very enthusiastic about the hobby.

They also have one of the best membership rates around- Membership for open members is only $60 and for seniors is only $30, juniors is $10. Not too many other clubs around can do that. They also have a "no B.S., lets fly for fun and safely" attitude that makes it a great place to be.

I would suggest you check it out at http://www.auroramodelaircraft.com/
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #6

<< "no B.S., lets fly for fun and safely">>

Amazing that the one and only post you ever make is to blow your own horn.

I take it that you do not want to join. I'm OK with that.

BTW, how's the field seach coming?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat
<< "no B.S., lets fly for fun and safely">>

Amazing that the one and only post you ever make is to blow your own horn.
Sorry, not sure what you mean here, I was merely pointing out to the good members of this forum that there is already a great club with great members that is already flying in the vicinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat
I take it that you do not want to join. I'm OK with that.
Thanks for the offer but I really like the Aurora club. Its also pretty close to where I live. But considering you guys dont have a place to fly right now, you are more than welcome to come fly with us.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #8

Oh, you win!

I didn't want anything to do with you, and you've just given another example of why.

BTW, for everyone else. I apologize for Max's actions. However, when I have hard news on the potential field, I'll post the information.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
Kargon
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Karl Goinarov

Total Props: 41
Hi byrocat. I'm just wondering why you would want to start a club in an area where 2 other clubs already exist, the Aurora club and the Keswick club.
The politics of a club is driven by its members as you will find out if you form a club and all ideas need to be supported with cash and/or labour in order to develope a field. Don't dismiss user fees, we just developed a new field and it wasn't easy.
Why the need for a third club in the area...just curious.

cheers,Karl
Kargon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 AM   #10
Scale Freak

Total Props: 0
Hey Byrocat,
Always can use another place to fly. That being said, I don't understand your responses to Max.
Perhaps there is something that I am not privy to behind the scenes, but you seemed a little heavy handed.
Just how I saw it.
Dan
  Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in