The XB808 Buggy Build - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #61
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Finally have pictures of mine before getting it dirty.

Also, thank you to MetalShield who let me run his 808 while he figured out an issue I had with my engine/linkage. That was very nice of you.

I couldn't keep my engine running today. I think it was so cold that I couldn't keep heat in the engine and it would stall out over and over again. Probably could have used a hotter plug. Either way, my engine still has a lot of pinch and that really didn't help.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #62

Total Props: 57
Happy to help out

just disappointed I couldn't find the tune on that brand new RB, it was thirsty! The car ran well for the few laps you did get in, but may I suggest you lower your ride height a bit and lay the shocks down to give you more stability and corner speed. Looked like the car was alil loose for ya at times! :GRIN:
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #63
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

As soon as I landed a jump, it would rebound and break loose, and I'd be facing the wrong way on the track.

I might buy a used engine just to get some time in before the snow falls. I think mine has too much pinch for November.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:15 AM   #64

Next Project = Build an E-XB808

2008 season has come to an end and Christmas is right around the corner. Hope all the Xray owners receive that new X-surprise they want!! lol

I must say driving the XB808 was the most enjoyable yet! Outstanding durability and performance and with the OS power plant the XB808 had enough get up and go for any track in the Glorcs Series! Too bad I missed the finals and finish 41st instead of 21st ... but I'm looking forward to the 2009 season as some new avenues have presented themselves to MSP Racing.

On another note: I have started other project that will be shown in this thread that is a XB808 E-Conversion!! Ive been wanting to do this intensely after watching Steve's (MustGoFaster) E-Buggy in action and during this winter my dream will become a reality, hopefully! lol. I will display photos and details of my E-808 conversion process, starting with the products most recommended that is needed to complete the project. Some parts have been ordered and the excitement is high!

heres the first pic... The E-Conversion Begins
XB808 Conversion Kit. NOW AVAILABLE @ Rc-Monster $80.87 CAD

Quote:
Electric motor mount for XRay 808 buggy.
Custom 3 piece design allows easy access to center diff without removing motor or any other components.
Design is optimized specifically for the XRay 808 buggy to allow lowest possible CG, light weight and ease of use. Top quality parts maintain "factory" look.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #65

To clean & neat, can`t be, lol !!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #66

Thumbs up 808 gets Better and Better!! check it out!

NEW 16* Caster Blocks Now Available!!!

read more at TeamXray.com
Old 01-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #67

XRAY XB808 Active Diff

XRAY XB808 Active Diff
High-performance adjustable front active differential
Improves diff action and increases traction
Different internal segment and gears for easy adjusment
Improves speed & handling
Fully adjustable on/ and off/power performance
Easy and consistent steering

The unique XRAY Active Differential is a high-performance, adjustable front gear differential for XB808 buggies? vastly improving the buggy?s speed and handling characteristics. The special design of the internal components using different angled segments allows the diff gears to engage on-power to increase the forward traction and stability to the buggy, making it faster and easier to drive.

read more in depth desciption on the TeamXray's website
Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #68
highvoltage697

very nice. that thing must cook on the track
highvoltage697 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #69

New from Xray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage697 View Post
very nice. that thing must cook on the track
Im enjoying this car! It does move really well around the track! "Float like a Butterfly Sting like an Xray" lol. :GRIN:
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #70

Xray presents new authentic option parts for XRAY XB808 car:
Alu collar provides even spacing between the bearings in front/rear diff bulkhead blocks.
With capturing screws tightened, both bearings are strengthened in the block so they can support more load thus improving bearing life span. Set of 2.

copied from TeamXray webite
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in