Getting Back into 1/5 scale - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
1/5 Scale RC Car & Truck All things related to the larger side of the hobby.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
p8ntmodsRc
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Austin G
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Getting Back into 1/5 scale

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys about 1 year ago I found a really good deal on an hpi baja 5b 2.0 and I loved the thing I ended up having to sell it because I didn't have a place to run it and I needed to fund some other projects. Now hat I have moved I now have a place to run a baja but I don't have $1200 kicking around to spend on an HPI. My am wondering if a rovan or king motors baja would be a viable option to replace my old 5b? I hear lots of people on the internet stating they are inferior vehicles but nobody can seem to back up their claims/statements. If anyone could shed some light on this topic that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://www.rovanrc.com/4_Bolt_30_5cc...y_p/rv92bo.htm

Last edited by p8ntmodsRc; 07-25-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling, adding links
p8ntmodsRc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
MWG
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mark G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX3S.DX3C
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 3
Re: Getting Back into 1/5 scale

I had a King Motor.I let my neighbour drive it a school yard and drove the left side if it into a Steel post that was cemented in the pavement. And he was going fast when he hit.The only damage was bent pins that hold the A arms on,A bent shock shaft .And the front hub. The E clip popped off.No plastic suspension parts broke.I was surprised because of what was said on the internet that the parts were cheap plastic.I'm sure they are.HPI,King Motor ,Rovan.It doesn't matter.The parts will break or bend.Oh ,I sold the car to my neighbour.I'd buy another one.
MWG is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
1/5 , baja

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in