E-REVO Brushless conversion? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
northern mike
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike L
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 2
E-REVO Brushless conversion?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am looking at my options to replace my tired Kyosho Turbo Optima.
I'm looking at e-revo as its pretty easily priced, but am wondering if I will be spending as much time at the work bench with it if I install my 3900kv/60amp brush less system into the stock car.
I already have the motor, ESC and lipo batteries, so getting the brush less version might be expense for nothing.
Thoughts?
northern mike is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
MK_Reloaded
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike K
Radio of choice:
No preference

Total Props: 4
Re: E-REVO Brushless conversion?

A Traxxas E-Revo typically runs 4s (2 x 2s) lipos, which usually pairs with a lower KV motor (i.e. 2000KV) and a larger ESC (i.e. 80/120/150a). Your setup probably doesn't support 4s batteries, but I think you could still get it to work. You could still run 2 batteries, but in parallel for more runtime... and gear your motor lower to compensate for the lower torque. (Because it's likely a 540-sized (3650) motor and not the larger 3674/4074 models like most people run).

If you can afford it I think your best option is just to buy it brushless from Traxxas. Option #2 would be to buy it brushed and add a cheap larger brushless system to it (i.e. ESC and motor). Option #3 would be to try reuse your existing system: but I think you may have to gear it so low that you wouldn't be entirely impressed with the results (since your ESC and motor were made to move around much smaller/lighter RC's than the E-Revo, without low/slow gearing they would overheat)

Whatever you choose, good luck!
MK_Reloaded is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
northern mike
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike L

Total Props: 2
Re: E-REVO Brushless conversion?

I realized after I posted this that I was looking at the 1/16 version and not the actual 1/10 version.

I am currently working a deal for a pair of HPI Blitz ESEs. Although not 4wd, I don't think I can turn down the deal on them.

Thank you for the info.
northern mike is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in